Why you should goExperience The Scottish Borders and the magic of the Harry Potter Castle
* The Holy Island – a tidal Island with stunning views of Lindisfarne Castle
* Journey beyond Scotland and into another country
* Alnwick Castle – Lots of time to explore the location used in some of the Harry Potter films
* Hotel Pickup Service
* Guided Tour with a Fully Trained and Experienced Driver/Guide
* Central Edinburgh city centre drop offs
* Admission to Alnwick Castle
* Additional Entrance Fees
* Optional Gratuities
* Hotel Drop off
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5 years old.
* This tour has 6 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met.
* In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered.
For this tour we journey south taking you across the Scottish Border into England.
Heading south you will hear all about the historic rivalry between Scotland & England while enjoying the beautiful Scenery of the Borders.
Our first stop will be at "The Hirsel" a country house and estate where you can enjoy some homemade treats.
We will then continue our journey to England with an hours stop at The Holy Island of Lindisfarne which is a tidal island off the northeast coast of England. It is also known just as Holy Island. Lindisfarne is internationally famous both for its medieval religious heritage and also its picturesque 16th century castle.
We will then continue to the highlight of our tour, Alnwick Castle* is the second largest inhabited castle in the UK; home to the Duke of Northumberland’s family, the Percys, for over 700 years.
In recent years it has also taken starring roles in a number of film and television productions, featuring as Brancaster Castle in Downton Abbey’s 2014 Christmas special and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the Harry Potter films.
Visitors to Alnwick Castle in 2015 can explore a brand new Downton Abbey exhibition, featuring photography, costumes, and props from the filming.
You will have approximately 2.5 hours at Anwick to explore the Castle, Gardens & to enjoy lunch.
Relaxing music will be played for your enjoyable journey back to Edinburgh
*Admission to the Castle and Gardens is not included.
** Please note that tour routing and availability are subject to the tidal timetable at Lindisfarne which may result in the tour having to operate in reverse**