Why you should goAn incredible chance to view the lochs and castles of the Scottish Highlands
* Panoramic tour of Glasgow
* Spend time on Loch Lomond (optional cruise)
* Travel the Trossachs
* Visit to Doune Castle, which was made famous as a location in 'Outlander' 'Games of Thrones' and 'Outlaw King'
* Hotel Pick Up
* Guided Tour with a Fully Trained and Experienced Driver/Guide
* Central Edinburgh city centre drop offs
* Entrance fees
* Boat Trip
* Hotel drop off
Children must be aged 5 years of age and over in order to travel
Amendments to dates and tour changes are subject to a £5.00 administration fee
* This tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered.
* Children under the age of 5 are not permitted to travel.
Heading west towards Loch Lomond, we take time for a short panoramic tour of Scotland's largest city, Glasgow and see how this once industrial giant is again flourishing. Soon after passing the River Clyde, world famous for it’s heavy industry and shipbuilding, we stop on the Bonnie, Bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, Britain's largest expanse of water. Here there will be time for a boat trip or a ramble, as you wish. The Loch Lomond and Trossachs area, recently designated a National Park, is a place where the magnificent landscape has fired the imagination of writers and artists for centuries.
Moving on, we soon come to the village of Aberfoyle, the gateway to the Trossachs, where we will stop for lunch. With its lochs, glens and heather covered mountains, this area is well known as “Highlands in Miniature” and was a favourite destination of Sir Walter Scott, therefore the location was used as the backdrop for the movies adapted from his books “Rob Roy” and “The Lady of the Lake”.
After enjoying beautiful scenery, our final stop of the day will be Doune - a well preserved 14th century Castle, set amid lovely Stirlingshire countryside.
Take an audio tour of the Castle* which is narrated by Monty Python's Terry Jones. Hear the exciting history of the medieval Castle and residents. Doune Castle is the atmospheric stand-in for the fictional Castle Leoch in the TV show Outlander and has also been used as a film location for Game of Thrones as well as more recently appearing in the movie 'Outlaw King' about Robert The Bruce.
Gray Line offers you a 10% discount on the ticket price to Doune Castle
Suitable and relaxing music will be played during your comfortable drive home.