Why you should goCastle & Lochs of the Western Highlands “The ideal tour to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most famous Castles"
* Doune Castle – film location for Outlander, Game of Thrones and Monty Python & the Holy Grail
* Loch Awe & Kichurn Castle – stop for photos
* Inverary Town & Castle – Explore this beautiful Loch side town with optional Castle or Jail Visit
* Luss – we enjoy a comfort stop in a village located on the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond
* Hotel Pickup Service
* Guided Tour with a Fully Trained and Experienced Driver/Guide
* Central Edinburgh city centre drop offs
* Entrance Fees
* Hotel Drop off service
This tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement.
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5 years old.
* This tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered.
Children under the age of 5 are not permitted to travel.
Our first stop is Doune - a well preserved 14th century Castle, set amid lovely Stirlingshire countryside.
Take an audio tour of the Castle* which is narrated by Monty Python's Terry Jones. Hear the exciting history of the medieval Castle and residents. Doune Castle is the atmospheric stand-in for the fictional Castle Leoch in the TV show Outlander and has also been used as a film location for Game of Thrones.
Gray Line offers you a 10% discount on the ticket price to Doune Castle
We then have a comfort stop before heading into the Highlands. Passing Lochs and Mountains we stop for a photo at Kilchurn Castle settled on the banks of Loch Awe; this is one of the most photographed Castles in Scotland, often used in Calendars
On arriving at Inverary your driver guide will give you a tour of the picturesque town where you will have time to enjoy lunch, and perhaps visit the Jail* or Castle* (featured in Downtown Abbey)
On departing Inverary we enjoy the views of Loch Fyne, famous for seafood, and we head over the mountains with a brief photograph stop at the top of the Rest & be Thankful Pass.
Our last stop will be in the village of Luss located on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. We then return back to Edinburgh via Stirling with views of the Castle.
*optional extra, admission charge payable